Thursday, February 12, 2015

EDITORIAL FLAIR: Cosmo Love

A lot of people think that fashion is all about the glamour. But if you've tried working in the industry, you'll know it's a lot of hard work, sleepless nights, and soul-searching followed by fridge-raiding. But there are times when the hard work pays off, the stars align, and you find your dresses on the cover of Cosmo. A true fashion moment, if you ask me.

THE COVERS 

Angelica Panganiban was my first ever cover. Glam rock a là Balmain was de rigueur for that season, and my animal print metallic jacquard cocktail dress had just the right amount of sexy. Don't you love how it just shows off her curves and warm, peachy glow?! Thanks to stylist Sidney Yap and the Cosmo team for making this happen! 

Fast forward to my second Cosmo cover with stunner Solenn Heussaff, for whom I have stylist Alyanna Martinez to thank. And they say lightning doesn't strike the same place twice! Well this was another February issue, and I was actually studying in New York when this took place. You can be sure that my professors were thoroughly impressed too! So thanks to Mom and sister Marilene for assisting in the pulls. If only I could still bug them to work for me now that I'm back home! 

COSMOPOLITAN FEBRUARY 2010 & 2011

THE EDITORIALS 

It's no secret that I love pink. I loved pink even when it was totally unfashionable to love pink. So being part of any project that makes this saccharine color the star attraction, and features my evening wear alongside my daywear, is total fashion vindication! 

I love how Cosmo's Happy Lopez and Donna Cuna-Pita made these delicate tulle numbers feel less precious, and how the sequin tulle cami + blush pink mini ensemble gave blush tones a modern take. And I do think model Kelsey Merritt had that air of an ingenue that gave this shoot shot by Paolo Pineda such substance. Finished off by fresh faced makeup by Omar Ermita and sleek hair by Angelu Dominguez! 





If you're hankering for something more slinky, then I do think you'll like this metallic editorial for Cosmo's May 2014 issue. Incidentally it was shot in Ilocos and I swear I was at the exact same rock! Having been on more than a few location shoots myself, I would just like to say how much harder they are to pull off. So even if these photos of model Shermaine de Ramos look effortless, they are not! Stylists Happy Lopez and Donna Cuna Pita probably had to lug around a lot of outfits, and the hair and makeup team did not have it easy. But with hard work comes amazing photographs! 




The silver twist dress above I learned how to make from my Draping professor at FIT, Professor Cruz. See, the things you learn in school actually do have practical applications! 

So with this, I bid you adieu and cross my fingers for more! If you want to see more of my editorial moments, click here to go to my Press page, or just head on to the header above. 



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!