Tuesday, February 24, 2015

MARIANE'S MUSES: Anne Curtis Smith for Primadonna

Anne Curtis. Her given name may not be idiosyncratic enough to allow her the luxury of dropping her last, but trust me when I say, she is a star who needs no introduction. She's like Beyonce, who despite having the same 24 hours in a day, was able to sing, dance, act, host, model, have amazing abs in the time you and I Facebooked, Buzzfeeded, Instagram-stalked our crushes (and frenemies), Whatsapped the news to our posse, got a latte, and then napped.

Her versatility and down-to-earth-glamour is akin to fab shoe brand Primadonna, whose trendy boutiques are filled to the brim with haute heels for sexy nights out, beaded sandals for the beach, or cute flats for day. It's a label I love so when I was asked to make clothes for their 2014 Holiday campaign shoot, starring Anne Curtis, I couldn't say YES fast enough! 

Chanelling the festive holiday season, the campaign of sexy stilettos and metallic hues was a sight to behold! This was one of the final layouts captured by lensman BJ Pascual of Anne in a metallic jersey mini with chain-strap detail paired with strappy black heels. Shoes are getting very delicate and this black one is a classic!


Naturally, I couldn't stop myself from snapping a photo of the larger-than-life poster in the store. It just makes everything feel super legit! 



A photo posted by Mariane (@marianeperez) on


And for some déjà vu, I also designed this gown for the label's Pre-Holiday campaign last year, which reveled in  a punk-rock theme. Melville, one of Pam Quinones' styling associates, asked for cutouts, slinkiness, and a slits galore! Rendered in velvet, I do think the whole outfit had a sultry quality about it, and looked great with Primadonna's silver platforms. 


Going back to gold...the 2014 ad campaign was actually shot earlier in that year, I would say maybe a week after Anne's unfortunate jellyfish incident. And despite being on the road to recovery, Amazing Anne posed with such glamour and moved with such infectious energy. Seriously, what jellyfish?

Here are some behind the scenes goodies from the super fun and high energy shoot. Anne was such a natural at posing, and was gorgeous in every frame! 


In between takes, hairstylist Raymond Santiago makes sure her hair is super perfect! 


Of course after the shoot, we all kinda lined up to get photos with her. There was a bunch of us, but she had time for every little fan girl on set! 



Me and Valerie of Primadonna taking pictures of ourselves, while Anne was taking pictures. Priorities, priorities! 


Was also such a treat to bump into makeup maven Robbie Pinera and hairstylist Raymond Santiago. Back when I was styling for Preview I used to see them at shoots like ALL THE TIME, but this was a welcome little catch-up! So nice to see that everyone's still as sweet as always! 


Naturally, before I left I had to stalk the Primadonna shoesies on the shoot. Some had yet to drop in stores, so I had time to plan my hoarding trip! 




To keep updated on all things Primadonna, like their Facebook page or follow @primadonnaph on Instagram! 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!